Friday, February 11, 2011

Midnight Cookies Recipe

Photobucket

Head ache on what to give on Valentine’s? Why not give some cookies?

This recipe is one of my favorites because I love chocolate. And Chocolate is always the best gift on Valentine’s. That’s where I got my idea for this year gift. Yes! I love to make my man’s tummy happy. And it’s also best to put in a cute little box for friends or co-workers. You can make difference shapes as you like and I made it round because it’s easy and for those who don’t bake can do it as well. It is a fun and tasty way to say "I love you", not just for Valentines, but for any day of the year.


Ingredients:
9 tablespoons butter, softened
1 cup superfine sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
½ teaspoon baking soda


Method:

Preheat the oven to 350F/180C. Line several large baking sheets with parchment paper.

Place the butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix until smooth. Sift in the flour, cocoa, and baking soda and beat until well mixed.

With damped hands, roll walnut-size pieces of the dough into smooth balls. Place on the baking sheets, spaced well apart.

Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until set. Let cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely before serving.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment