Thursday, April 21, 2011

Salt & Pepper Tofu Puffs Recipe

Photobucket


This is a re-post recipe from my previous food blog.

I decided to re-post this recipe is because my sister told me yesterday that she wanted to try to do my tofu puffs recipe. And she reminded me that, I could do something different with the tofu puffs that I been bragging about what to cook with it. This is what happened when life caught us with busy-ness.

 I’m not a big fan of tofu but you use a lot of them in Chinese cooking. Always heard from the elderly that tofu is good for us especially if we’re looking for a smooth skin. True or not? It’s up to you guys if you believe in the myth. I’ll try what ever that is good for me.  

But I love fried stuffs. In this case, I made tofu + fried = fried tofu. Think its balance for having a smooth skin. Nah……. Who cares? I just want to enjoy the foods and do something different with it.

Let’s get it on and try it.
 

INGREDIENTS:
2 X 190G (6 ½ oz) packets fried tofu puffs
2 Cups (250g / 8oz) cornflour
2 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon ground white pepper
2 teaspoons caster sugar
4 egg whites, lightly beaten
Oil, for deep-frying
½ cup (125ml/4 fl oz) sweet chilli sauce
2 tablespoons lemon juice
Lemon wedges, to serve

Method:
1. Cut the tofu puffs in half and pat dry with paper towels.
2. Mix the cornflour, salt, pepper and caster sugar in a large bowl.
3. Dip the tofu into the egg white in batches, then toss in the cornflour mixture, shaking off any excess.
4. Fill a deep heavy-based saucepan or wok one-third full of oil and heat until a cube of bread dropped into oil browns in 15 seconds. Cook the tofu in batches for 1-2 minutes, or until crisp. Drain well on paper towels.
5. Place the sweet chilli sauce and lemon juice in a bowl and mix together well. Serve immediately with tofu puffs and lemon wedges.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment